Software Engineering is fully based on software development model.Each and every software or Web app has to go through this model. There are many numbers of software development model but here I am mentioning the most used in the world for making the software and web application.
7 Best Software Development Methodologies
1. Waterfall Model
Waterfall model is a popular one in the software development process. I think every programmer has gone through this model in his career.
Some of the industry still following this model due to accurateness. It clarifies the software model into a linear flow manner. Each step is started after the completion of the current step. Here you can see how it’s work.
- It is very easy to understand
- Everyone can start with it.
- Allows for easy testing and analysis
- Have to wait for complete the current step
- Making changes in existing code is hard enough
- Not good for long term project
2. Prototype Methodology
This methodology is best because it deals with the prototype of the requirement. In this model, the developer is making the sample model of the software validate its function for making more understand to customer and side by side making the important changes before creating the final solution.
The best part of this model is that it resolves many issues occurring in the waterfall model by mean not have to wait for completing the current step. We can simultaneously do every work.
- It gives clear idea of the software functioning
- Reduces the failure rate of the development
- Reduce the time of experimenting
- Giving the perfect expectation of the customer
- High costing for implementing
- Client involvement affect the processing
3. Rapid Application Development:
This model was introduced for proving the quick result. It is an excellent model for the small and mid range development.
- Makes the entire development process effortless
- Assists client in taking quick reviews
- Encourages feedback from customers for improvement
- Dependant on the team for performance
- Works on modularized system confined on this methodology
4. Spiral Model:
When we are talking about the highly sophisticated project at that point we have to reduce the risk at the early stage. In this developer
In this process, the developer starting the project on a smaller level and check each and every risk in it and then developer plan for iterating of the spiral.
The achievement of any Spiral Life cycle model is based on Three management
1.consistent, 2. observant, and 3. conversant management of the project.
- Most of the risk factors reduced
- It is Best for large and complex projects
- We can add additional functionality later
- It is very costly model in software development
- Not appropriate for low-risk projects
5. Extreme Programming Methodology:
This Methodology is used for working the software within an unbalanced space.
We can track our progress within the modeling procedure.
The main purpose of this model is to reduce the cost of software essentialities.
- It lays focus on customer involvement
- Establishes rational plans and schedules
- Effectiveness depends on the people involved
- Requires frequent meeting for development raising total costs
6. Joint Application Development Methodology:
The Joint Application Development Methodology is a requirement- codification and user-interface expansion approach which is necessitated for the clients, end-users, and developers. attend a powerful off-site conference to accentuate and confirm software system.
This attends a powerful off-site conference to accentuate and confirm software system.
This serves towards the client in the design and expansion of a project.
- It allows for simultaneous congregation and alliance of excessive information.
- Produces huge amount of valuable information in short period
- Takes excessive amount of time for planning and scheduling
- Requires significant investment of time and effort
7. Rational Unified Process Methodology:
Rational Unified Process methodology is a current software evolution process. It is also called RUP
This process expansion into four different stages that each includes
- business modeling
- scrutiny and design
This model assists software developer for guidelines, specimens, and template for all stage and feature of software development.
- It put high focus on precise documentation
- Removes most of the project risks linked with client evolving needs
- Quick integration
- Integration might cause confusion
- It is very complicated to understand
I hope you enjoyed the article and if you have any query feel free to ask in the comment box.
Sign-up for free, getting the new article directly in your email inbox.
Image Reference: Google